Built August 15, 1911, the Eaton Armory building is reported to be the oldest in the State of Ohio’s inventory. The structure is 11,608 square feet and stands on .33 acre.
The building once housed Ohio’s mounted horse cavalry. Until 2011, it housed the Ohio National Guard’s 1487th Transportation Company. In need of more space for operations, ONG relocated to Piqua leaving the building abandoned.